[FOSS4G2016] Accept/reject talk emails

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Apr 27 05:14:43 PDT 2016

Hi program committee!

> I think registering before 1st of July should be more than enough. It
> gives the speakers about 8 weeks to get managed everything.

+1 from me

>>> Early bird discount ends in 10 days. It would be fair to extend
>>> this -just for the presenters- two week (given the fact that the
>>> upcoming weeks are filled with holidays).
>>> I suppose our "financial department" has to decide whether our
>>> funds are enough to engage all 180 presenters for the reduced early
>>> bird discount fare.
>> It's not really 180 presenters as some present several talks.
>
> IMHO early bird discount is not really a speaker thing (in general
> meaning). On the other side we could give speakers a little bonus for
> bringing in a talk. I agree with GJ, that this is more a decision of
> the
> financal crew. If this is not a problem I am OK with extending the DL
> for speakers.

No. We can't give any more donations, no bonus and also no longer Early
Bird reg. for a special group. All this causes huge organisational
problems and potential losses of income. Speakers agreed to hand in a
talk without knowing anything about any bonus, so please don't start
this discussion in public. More important to point them to soon ending
Early Bird phase and please them to register ASAP. I guess a lot of them
planned to come nayway but wait until their talk is accepted.

>>> The travel grant program is an option for just a few presenters
>>> (those form the lower-income countries). Therefore I would not
>>> emphasize this too much, or at least make it clear that this only
>>> concerns a minority of the presenters
>> Wouldn't this get clear from the travel grant page? I prefer making
>> sure, non of possible candidates misses it.

The travel grant page is in preparation, see #293 for more details. In
my eyes important to point at it.

Just my 2 Cents.

Till

> Yes, this should be clear if you read the travel grant page.
> The current website
> http://foss4g2016.org/attending.html#travel-grants
> should be right but is not filled with the final content yet.
> Christoph
> pushed this to the homepage team this morning, so should be available
> soon.
>

>> Cheers,
>>   Volker

>>> for that are due on May 30th. For more information, please see: