[FOSS4G2016] Attendance fee and transparency report

till.adams at fossgis.de till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon May 9 00:00:09 PDT 2016

Hi Volker,

intention: understood.

Prices: I see two problems.
1. LOC are held to make a surplus, that goes to OSGeo, but OSGeo does
not really care about financial issues.
2. The surrounding: YOu need a conference center (expensive), official
PCO (expensive), gala event included (expensive)

What really surprised me is hat there are two people handing in their
talks and not expecting, that the conference costs money...regarding
travel and accommodation costs, I guess, that normally the conference
fee does not make such big difference - of course depending on where the
people come from.

We should definitely ask the speakers to register ASAP and then see,
what we must do, in order to fill potential gaps in the programme.

Till