[FOSS4G2017] Kids Map Gallery Committee

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Sep 8 08:33:59 PDT 2016

Hi Heather,

Let's be sure to include the whole 2017 community in discussions (this
is how we build excitement and interest for 2017, by being so open with
planning and ideas).

Thanks for creating the wiki page for the committee.  Note that this is
the Kids Map Gallery committee page for FOSS4G (I think you were
confusing committees on the FOSS4G Boston local committee, with the
whole OSGeo foundation's committees).  I was referring to committees
that need to be formed for FOSS4G Boston (such as the volunteer
committee, workshop committee, program committee, sponsorship committee,
social committee).  I've renamed the page so that this is more clear:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_KidsMapGallery_Committee Now
this committee magically appears
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:FOSS4G2017  All Boston committees
should now be forming, starting discussions here and following your lead
on putting their notes and ideas and initial members and next steps on
their wiki page (and sending that out asking for other volunteers and
input).  Thanks for blazing the trail Heather :)

I hope I'm not hurting your own vision, which maybe was for a more
formal OSGeo committee?  Can we start smaller, with a FOSS4G Boston
committee, make that happen for 2017, and then see if we need a formal
OSGeo committee after that?

thanks, keep up the discussions, as this is a great initiative and could
really separate this Boston FOSS4G event from others!

-jeff