[Fundraising] Re: Motion: Adopt Project Sponsorship Proposal

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Oct 19 07:57:52 EDT 2006

Tyler -

Speaking only for Ed and not Alain and R. Paul, I have been "completely
inactive" because I have had absolutely no time for this project.  I
have tried to make it clear right from the start that I did not have the
time to take on this project, although I've probably done that more in
private emails to Frank or Gary last spring than to the group as a
whole, and things have only gotten worse for me this year.  I have to
say I barely have the time to review the emails, and I'll admit that
some get filed away without being read!

I think it is important to look at this from the other end of the pipe,
too.  It would help to find companies that might be interested in being
supporters, and asking them what they want to see in this regard.
They're the "customers", if you will.  The only sponsorship proposal
that can work is one that companies want to sponsor, of course.  I know
it's buried in my email, but I think there were conversations a few
months ago in which some folks thought they knew of other firms that
were potential sponsors, and I don't know what has happened with those
contacts.

But above all I'll add my thanks to Frank for doing the work no one else
did!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker