[fusion-dev] Fusion release plans

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Feb 22 14:59:17 EST 2010

I've now got some time to devote to Fusion so we would like to propose
the following plan for the next couple of releases of Fusion:

v2.1 - which uses JxLib v2.0, to be released very soon, (say end of
Feb?) with only blockers and high priority bugs being fixed before then
v2.2 - which uses JxLib v3.0, release date TBD, will be the trunk after
the release of v2.1

As part of the process, I will be going through all the open tickets in
the next few days and re-assigning the target milestone to 2.1, 2.2 or
future.  I will also be closing bugs that either I can't re-produce or
don't seem relevant any longer.

However, please note that triage process is just my opinion and if I
close or move one of your issues incorrectly, please go ahead and change
it back.  I helps immensely if the issue is easily reproducible - i.e.
include exact steps to re-produce it, possible even including a MapGuide
package if necessary.  As another OS developer on another project once
told me, if he can't reproduce the issue within a few minutes, the issue
is unlikely to ever be addressed.

Similarly, if I move an issue to a future milestone and you feel it
should be addressed for v2.1, please change it back to 2.1.  The intent
is to get the issue list into reasonable shape and your help in doing
that is appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

--