[fusion-dev] Upgrading OpenLayers to 2.12

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:15:01 PDT 2012

I have set up an sandbox branch that's been upgraded to OpenLayers 2.12 if
you (or anyone else) are interested in playing around with.

I've also taken a different approach to having a custom build of OpenLayers
that should make keeping track of any fusion-specific modifications easier.
Any modifications to OpenLayers are kept under lib/OpenLayers/ext, such that
when we need to build a new OpenLayers.js, we just overlay these files
against the official 2.12 source and build with our fusion.cfg

My initial testing says that the upgrade was mostly smooth sailing. The
client-zoom works nicely with OpenStreetMap (but only OSM as the other
commercial layers aren't grid-based).

I don't know what the current minimum supported IE version is for Fusion (I
hope it's still not IE6!) but in IE7 the legend looks completely messed up
and "disabled" buttons in the toolbar aren't visibile. IE8 and above are
fine.

- Jackie