[fusion-users] ApplicationDefinition.xml and the browser cache

Paul Deschamps pdeschamps at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 19 09:50:42 EDT 2008

Essentially what we need to do is modify the headers like so
before we get the applicationDef. :

request.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT');

A workaround for now can be done easily in your applications
javascript, before you call Fusion.initialize

    var options = {};
    options.applicationDefinitionURL =
szApplicationRoot+'/ApplicationDefinition.xml?rand='+randomNumberHere;

    Fusion.initialize(options);
    Fusion.registerForEvent(Fusion.Event.FUSION_INITIALIZED, onInitialize);

This method can also be used if you have some php file that generates
your applicationDefinition.

 options.applicationDefinitionURL =
szApplicationRoot+'/ApplicationDefinition.php'

Cheers

Paul D.