[fusion-users] Fusion classes and operability.

Tómas Guðmundsson tomas at snertill.is
Thu Jul 17 09:05:01 EDT 2008

Hi all.

I might have asked this before but I'm keen on knowing how to perform some things. How do I pass on functions between two fusion classes? I know about the inheritance, like a widget can inherit from a ButtonBase tool. But if I would like to maintain some kind of data structure of data in a class, let's say called Fusion.Tool.Container. How, if two seperate widget's would use the inherit method, could the call methods that would effect the same instance of the Container?

Let's say one would call

this.containerWrite('mystring');

And the other

this.containerRead();

Given that containerWrite would write to the place where conatinerRead reads, would I get back 'mystring'?

Also, does anyone know of a good place where I can see how event's are written (i.e. in the code) ? That is, how to create a new Event within Fusion.Event ?

Kind regards,

Tómas.