Well known text format [Was: Re: Problem reading a '.bil' file]

Aleksey Naumov naumov at a...
Tue Oct 31 02:19:11 EST 2000

Thanks, Frank! It works now... very stupid of me :-)

I have another question - about WKT, well known text format
for geometry. OGR has methods to deal with WKT in several classes,
like OGRPolygon::importFromWkt(). I can see what they do, but is
there a formal description of the WKT format somewhere? I am looking
in the current "OpenGIS Simple Features Specification for OLE/COM"
document, but see no description of WKT, only WKB. Where should
I look?

BTW, what does OGR stand for (Open GIS ?...)? It's easier to
remember this way... :-)

Thanks
Aleksey