[Gdal-dev] ECW support

Gillian Walter gillian.walter at atlantis-scientific.com
Thu Oct 2 09:03:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

OpenEVs built at Atlantis (including OpenEV 1.60) include GDAL's that
only have support for default formats compiled in- if extra libraries
are required to support a format, they are not built in.  ECW is not
included in this list, and there is no option to turn it on.  JPEG2000
is also not built into the Atlantis versions.  The OpenEV_FW series
(built by Frank) include the most format support of the OpenEV builds
(though I don't know if ECW is in any of them).  They can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/openev/

You might want to try OpenEV_FW_162 for a start.

- Gillian