[Gdal-dev] Compiling under .NET

Matthew Hanson mhanson at photon.com
Fri Aug 13 11:42:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

I actually got GDAL as a part of OSSIM (it currently includes GDAL v1.2) and
am trying to build it under C++ .NET.   When it gets to the GDAl part of the
build it issues the commands in the makefile as follows and the generates
the error message:

************************************
cd port
 nmake /nologo /f makefile.vc
 cl /nologo /Ox /MD -I..\port -I..\ogr -I..\gcore  /c cpl_conv.cpp
cpl_conv.cpp
cpl_conv.cpp(904) : error C3861: 'snprintf': identifier not found, even with
argument-dependent lookup

Have people successfully compile under .NET?  Perhaps I'm not properly
editing my nmake.opt file? (I did not edit it at all except of the GDAL_HOME
variable).

matt