[Gdal-dev] Radical OGR Update

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 19 10:51:25 EST 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:
 > Frank, please make a release before changing the API.

Folks,

OK, there seems to be a general agreement, that folks would prefer to have
a release now instead of in some indeterminate future after a bunch of
restructuring.  The release will be called 1.2.0 primarily because of the
change to use of libtool.  But also because my internal version macros won't
let me use a 10 for any of the release subcomponents. :-)

I will prepare a 1.2.0 alpha today.

Note that I hate branches, so I will want the 1.2.x series to settle down
now before proceeding to a 1.3.0 (or even 2.0.0) with the suggested OGR
changes.  That means giving things a few months for point releases.