[Gdal-dev] 1.2.0a Release

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Fri Feb 20 05:40:31 EST 2004

Oliver

On Friday 20 February 2004 10:17, Oliver Wesp wrote:
> Daniel Morissette wrote:
> > Trying to build on Solaris 8, using GCC 2.95.2, I get the following
> > errors:
>
> Trying to build on Solaris 8 using GCC 3.3.1 works fine for me. Although
> I had to disable libtool using --without-libtool in order to get it
> done. But iirc I had to do this for previous releases as well and this
> is nothing special with 1.2.0a.

does it break without oci support as well?
is it the same error you reported in october?

correct libtool build is certainly one of the release target so if you could
supply further information i'd like to try and fix it.

and in the case you need to distribute binary packages, keep in mind that
libtool and non-libtool libraries are not binary compatible.

> I did a build including oci support (Oracle9i, 32bit client libs). Works
> fine as well.

cheers,
alessandro