[Gdal-dev] Problems with ogr2ogr and TIGER line data - California is a bit off

Martin, Daniel A Daniel.A.Martin at erac.com
Thu Feb 3 12:37:02 EST 2005

> Daniel,
>
> Well, I would say the key is still to see if there is an
> actual change in the road coordinates resulting from the
> conversion to TAB from TIGER.  Hopefully you can determine
> this by looking at the results of ogrinfo on the first
> feature direct from TIGER and from TAB.

I will definitely check this out.

> If they match, then what are the chances that MapInfo and
> MapServer are shifting your background (image?) layer
> different that you are plotting the vectors over?  Are they
> also all in a NAD83 geographic coordinate system?

I'm comparing this relative to several layers.  One is a simple lat-lon
point layer, some polygon layers, and the TerraServer WMS.  I have
enough "controls" matching up beautifully, with the lone TIGER layer
skewing out of place.  So, I believe the chances are low.

-Dan