[Gdal-dev] Re: ECW JPEG 2000 Source SDK v3.3 (RC)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Nov 10 15:10:24 EST 2005

Oh, yeah - after installing the ECW libraries, I deleted the
libecwj2.a static library.  The way it's setup, GDAL's configure
checks for the NCS dynamic libraries by looking for the .so files,
and then libecwj2.a, so on Mac OS X even if you have the NCS dynamic
libs installed it will fail to find them and use the static library.
That's why I also fiddle with the GDAL configure so it looks for
dylib's instead of so's, and finds the NCS dylib libraries.

On Nov 10, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Garrett Potts wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Thank you for the responses.  It makes me a little more confident
> that its not just my machine.
>

> I am using the ./configure also.  did a make install of the ecwjp2
> libraries.  I then did a ./configure --with-ecw=yes in gdal and it
> built all the way as well.  I wonder if it's the static libecwj2
> that is causing an issue.  I don't see why.  But I have had
> problems in the past when a library was static versus dynamic.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy