[Gdal-dev] Gdal compilation problems in Solaris 8

Ken Boss Ken.Boss at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 16 10:30:27 EST 2005

>>> Juan Mari Celihueta <jmcm at euskalnet.net> 11/16/2005 12:14:34 AM >>>
>So, nobody had problems compiling gdal 1.3.1 under Solaris 8? Is gdal
>1.3.1 tested under this platform?
>
>Regards.
>
>Juan M.

Juan--

I had similar problems in the past.  I don't recall the details now, but I did find that changing from a mixed gnu/Solaris build environment to a strictly gnu environment (gcc, gnu make, gnu binutils) resolved the problems.  At the time I made the switch there were unresolved bugs in more recent versions of the binutils on Solaris, so it was necessary to use an older release (2.14) - don't know if that's changed or not.

HTH,

--Ken