[Gdal-dev] ECW not building in

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Mon Oct 17 17:04:15 EDT 2005

Charlton

I don't know if that's an option for you, but I asked the ER Mapper
development support and got the download link for the SDK 3.3 beta. It
just compiled under Linux without any modification using configure -
make - make install. In GDAL I used --with-ecw=/usr/local   and
everything worked fine.

Also all problems we had with some datasets and an older ECW version
seem to have disappeared and the speed looks quite good. Mapserver
processes a 3 GB ECW on a 3GHz Pentium in about 1 s or less, independend
of the scale level. So I think the latest beta is worth trying it.

Armin