[Gdal-dev] Problem with Gdalwarp

[ESW] Jan B. digar at esw.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 30 01:37:34 EDT 2006

Hi out there!

I not a really good programmer or really good in English, so I hope I did
everything right and it is not wrong to write my problem here. Additionally
I hope I have sucessfully added my email adress to this mailing list.

Now the problem. I try to write a programm which puts some USGS SRTM bil
files together. I tried carefully to review all help in the net, exspecially
on the gdal page and used code from the turtorials, where possible. So the
core of my code is this:

GDALDataset *poDataset;

double adfGeoTransform[6];

const char *pszFormat = "GTiff";

// To Register the necessary Drivers for GeoTiff and BIL

GDALAllRegister();

/*---------------------------------------

* Open Dataset to copy information

*/

const char *pszShadeFilename="target.tif";

poDataset = (GDALDataset *) GDALOpen( "input.bil",GA_ReadOnly );

GDALRasterBand *poBand;

/* Data is while using SRTM Data always in the first band */

poBand = poDataset->GetRasterBand( 1 );

poDataset->GetGeoTransform( adfGeoTransform );

/* -----------------------------------------

* Create the output dataset and copy over relevant metadata

*/

GDALDriver *poDriver;

poDriver = GetGDALDriverManager()->GetDriverByName(pszFormat);

GDALDataset *poShadeDS;

GDALRasterBand *poShadeBand;

char **papszOptions = NULL;

poShadeDS =
poDriver->Create(pszShadeFilename,p_xArraySize,p_yArraySize,1,GDT_Float32,

papszOptions );

poDataset->GetGeoTransform( adfGeoTransform );

poShadeDS->SetProjection( poDataset->GetProjectionRef() );

poShadeDS->SetGeoTransform( adfGeoTransform );

Now, when I try to use the gdalwarp.exe  with

gdalwarp -t_srs \"+proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84\" source.tif target.tif

I get the error

ERROR 1: Too many points (441 out of 441) failed to transform,
unable to compute output bounds.

I am searching for the problem now for 5 days and cannot find it.

Location of sample file to convert file:
http://home.arcor.de/beitronik/gdal/target.tif
(I know the file is very small, a bigger one can be found at:
http://home.arcor.de/beitronik/gdal/target2.tif
)

Perhaps you can help me, I would be very thankfull.

Jan Beiten