[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 3 12:19:25 EST 2006

Dorita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compose  a couple of GeoTiff images into one GeoTiff image.
> I run the command merge.py -o kk.tif -pct kk1.tif kk2.tif.  Running
> doesn't complain, but the final image only shows kk1.tif.  I have tried
> to run same command with different images with same results.
>
> Both input files are in the same coordinate system and have one band.
> The input images were downloaded from
> http://www.hydro.gov.au/seafarer/geotiff/geotiff-sample/geotiff-sample.htm
> for test purposes.
>
> I am using gdal 1.3.2.0 <http://1.3.2.0> , Python 2.4.2 and the system
> is 2.4.32-gentoo-r4

Izzy,

I tried downloading the pointed to sample data, and did the following
command:

   gdal_merge.py -o out.tif -pct B00605.tif C00605.tif

This seemed to work fine.  Note that C00605.tif is an inset, so it was
overlayed on B00605.tif.  Order of the files on the commandline is important
or the inset would have been obliterated by the main image.

Note that AUS00605.tif does not seem to have georeferencing and should not
be merged with the other files.