[Gdal-dev] Operations to add new OGR format

Jean-Daniel GONON jdgonon at gi-lemans.com
Mon Nov 13 12:28:05 EST 2006

Hi

Which are the operations to add new OGR format in GDAL/OGR (under windows XP) ?
It's an evolution of DGN format to version 8.

I already start by making a copy of the gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/old_format directory as gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/new_format, and modify (filenames and functions names) accordingly.

After I add the new registration entry point at the bottom of gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.h, and call it from gda/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/generic/ogrregisterall.cpp.

But the new format isn't detected by ogrinfo.exe when I want to open a DGN version 8 file.

What I must then declare or modify ?

Thanck you

Jean-Daniel