[Gdal-dev] FWTools 1.1.0 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 24 18:13:05 EST 2006

Folks,

I have prepared new FWTools 1.1.0 binaries for linux and win32.  The
windows binaries are up to date, but the configuration is essentially
unchanged.

The Linux version includes the addition of Postgres support in OGR, and
SOS Server support in MapServer.  I also rebuilt a bunch of the libraries
that previous had debug info (unrealized by me) so the whole release tar.gz
is quite a bit smaller.

This release also includes he new, experimental, PDS (Planetary Data) format
support.   We can also think of it as a sort of "alpha" release for GDAL.
So testing is appreciated leading up to the GDAL 1.4.0 release.

   http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools110.exe
   http://www.gdal.org/dl/fwtools/FWTools-linux-1.1.0.tar.gz