[Gdal-dev] GDAL-Building

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Sep 19 13:22:38 EDT 2006

kiruba nantham wrote:
>     i am building gdal-1.3.2 using embedded VC++ 4.0

Hi,

Why are you using eVC++ ?
Are you trying to use GDAL on Windows CE ?

If you are, have you read this?
http://www.gdal.org/wince.html

Unfortunately, it's *not* possible to build many of portable (between
Windows desktop and Unix) libraries using for Windows CE because
Windows CE does not support POSIX and its C library is very very limited.

You have two options:
1. Port a library similarly as I ported GDAL/OGR with writing
some C library extension like this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex
Note, the WinCE port does not support rasters yet!

2. Buy commercial version of C library for Windows CE from Dinkumware
http://www.dinkumware.com

> when i am compiling
> it i am getting 95 errors (error is : can not open include file: '
> errno.h ' : no such file or directory). what directory i should include
> for this errno.h?

There is no errno.h in CRT on Windows CE.

Have you seen this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wcecrt/htm/_wcecrt_microsoft_c_run_time_library_for_windows_ce.asp

"The Microsoft C Run-Time Library for Windows CE supports a subset of
the functions that are available in the full Microsoft C Run-Time
Library for the desktop"

I provide thread-unsafe version of errno.h in my WCELIBCEX library:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex

>     otherwise if any one knows how to build gdal13.dll using cygwin
> please tell me how to do? i tried with cygwin it's creating
> library(libgdal.a)  but it is not creating gdal13.dll.
>
>     if any one knows how to solve this problems please tell me because i
> got struct up with this problems.

Excuse me, but I don't understand.
Why you're using eVC++ 4.0 (eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0) when you want to
use Cygwin?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot