[Gdal-dev] WMS with C# Bindings

GrinderDev grinderprogrammer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:46:46 EST 2007

Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> I couldn't follow exactly what is the issue. Do you have and error
> message? Could you post a code sample to reproduce the problem?

Hi Tamas -

The error: "Couldn't load dataset, 'd:\wms_test\gdal_tes.wms' no recognised
as a supported file format.

The wms file is the xml file that begins with <GDAL_WMS>.  I'm currently
using the examples posted for the WMS file format on the gdal.org site.

My simple code snippet:

         Gdal.AllRegister();
         try
         {

            _GdalDataset = Gdal.Open(_Filename, Access.GA_ReadOnly);
            imagesize = new Size(_GdalDataset.RasterXSize,
_GdalDataset.RasterYSize);

         }
         catch (Exception ex)
         {
            _GdalDataset = null;
            throw new Exception("Couldn't load dataset. " + ex.Message +
ex.InnerException);
         }

An exception is thrown, with the above error message, in the Gdal.Open call.
I've tried renaming the XML file to a variety of different file extensions.
I know that I'm simply using this incorrectly.

Thank you for your assistance.