[Gdal-dev] Storing Rasters in Databases

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Mon Feb 5 16:34:13 EST 2007

Sy,

There's always ArcSDE, of course.  It doesn't really provide you much
sql-level access to the data though, so outside of a kind of slow,
across-the-network bucket of bits, I don't know how much other
utility it brings.

I hope to have the GDAL driver done that reads ArcSDE data by the end
of March
<http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-December/011133.html>.
There is code currently in subversion that can read data, but it is
very crude and guaranteed to frustrate (testers wanted ;)

Cheers

Howard