[Gdal-dev] nearblack -- fixing up noisy collars

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 8 03:19:31 EST 2007

Folks,

I wrote a utility for a client last year that is useful for fixing up
noisy collars in lossily compressed airphotos (such as mrsid airphotos from
USDA) so that they have a single "0" nodata values for the collars that can
be marked transparent in programs like MapServer.

The client, Ted Macy of MapShots Inc, has given permission for me to
release this as open source, so I have added it in the gdal/apps
directory.

The documentation is available at:

   http://www.gdal.org/nearblack.html

I'll include it in the next FWTools release when ever that is.