[Gdal-dev] Save/restore Geo from a TIFF with GDAL?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Jan 9 13:22:59 EST 2007

Ben,

  I think the closest you could get with GDAL would be:

    1.  use gdalinfo before the edit to see the srs definition (e.g.
EPSG:32608):
            gdalinfo original.tif
    2. edit the tif file, save it as modified.tif
    3. use gdal_translate to assign the original srs:
            gdal_translate -a_srs EPSG:32608 modified.tif
modified_geotiff.tif

Not quite as script-able as the geotiff tools....

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc
Calgary, Alberta, Canada