[Gdal-dev] How to plot mercator projection map using ogr or proj

Murat Beyhan beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Thu Mar 15 04:25:25 EDT 2007

Hi friends,

I used to drawing map by mapserver.
I have some ESRI shape file. I would like to draw a map which its'
projection is mercator.
I'm asking you is it possible to draw a map by using EsRI file and how
can I draw this map by using mercator projection.
In map file I tried following commands but there is no diferences on the
map.

PROJECTION
proj=merc
END

I'm sorry for my question I'm not good at GIS applications
Regards...
Murat

believed to be clean.