[gdal-dev] MapServer's image quality stinks serving up these NOAA NRCs

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Mon Apr 21 14:21:07 EDT 2008

Vincent Schut wrote:
>  >> * Color depth: gdalwarp on the KAPs generates 8-bit palleted TIFFs.
>  >> That may not be the best for quality.
> ^^This point might be your main issue.

Right, but HOW do I change it? Converting KAP to TIFF is done with
gdalwarp. Is there a command-line flag I give gdalwarp to specify
conversion to RGB? I'm handy with ImageMagick, but that doesn't read
KAPs, so a solution within GDAL would be nice.

The output, I love AGG/PNG and RGBA; that's my formula for nice output.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA