[gdal-dev] netcdf driver

Denis Nadeau denis.nadeau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:53:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

I will being doing some new development on netCDF driver to make it more
CF-1 Compliant.

Note: when I compiled the netCDF 3.6.2  with HDF4.2r3 (with the flag
--disable-netcdf)  I had to change all macros such as "MAX_NC_NAME" to
"H4_MAX_NC_NAME" and many other similar macros. Need to do some testing on
this.

I also noticed that DODS (dodsdataset2.cpp) does not seem to compile with
libdap3.8.2.  There are some major changes in the library for C++.
I will take a look into this as well, but do not promess anything...

If you have suggestion of improvements for DODS, HDF4 and netCDF drivers,
let me know, I have a little bit of time this coming month.

Regards,
Denis