[gdal-dev] Ubuntu, gdal & ecw's >2gb on IA32

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 11:09:01 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Tim Bowden <tim.bowden at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> *me scratches head* and not for the first time.  I wasn't expecting that
> to make a difference.  No idea what to make of it.  Just to make sure
> I've got it right, the samba share was being served from a mac was it?
> And you were running gdalinfo from ubuntu 8.04?  or the other way
> around?

I'm running 32 bit Ubuntu Hardy 8.04. I had a Windows XP NTFS drive
mounted via Samba and gdalinfo was fine. Copied the same file to the
local ext3 partition and got the error. I'll be trying the same file
on a Slackware server in the next couple days.

Obviously a work around is to split the ecw file into tiles.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com