[gdal-dev] The proj.dll mistery

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Jun 30 20:14:58 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Joaquim,
>
> For better or worse, many years ago I had the bright idea of making
> PROJ.DLL
> (or libproj.so) demand loaded when needed so that it wouldn't be a "hard"
> dependency of GDAL making it harder for people to get things built.  So
> it does not show up as a dependency.  This is similar to how plugins are
> handled.  They also won't show up.

Frank,

So what is the purpose of this section in nmake.opt?
I tried with it uncommented but it made no difference.

# PROJ.4 stuff
# Uncomment the following lines to link PROJ.4 library statically. Otherwise
# it will be linked dynamically during runtime.
#PROJ_FLAGS = -DPROJ_STATIC
#PROJ_INCLUDE = -IC:\programs\proj4\proj-4.6.0\bin
#PROJ_LIBRARY = C:\programs\proj4\proj-4.6.0\bin\proj_i.lib

Joaquim