[gdal-dev] gdalwarp trunk and FWtools giving different results

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Wed May 28 16:59:59 EDT 2008

> I suspect the problem is that your source coordinate system has no
> defined earth model that OGRSpatialReference understands.  Is the
> +R parameter defining the radius for a spherical earth?
>
> If so, you could file a ticket asking that
> OGRSpatialReference::importFromProj4() be improved to support this
> parameter. But the work around is to just define the sphere with
> +a and +b which are supported.
>
> -s_srs "+proj=merc +a=6371008.7714 +b=6371008.7714"
>
> Or perhaps I'm on the wrong track, in which case a ticket would also
> be a good idea.

Frank,
I used gdal_translate to create a new file with a coordinate system,
also tried the +a & +b solution, but nothing changed.
The result is still wrong.
I filed a ticket where emphasis is also put on the fact that FWtools
2.2.0 (a quite recent one) gdalwarp is producing a correct result.

Joaquim