[gdal-dev] Can I change SOURCE_EXTRA setting at compile time?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 19:48:17 EST 2008

I've been mercilessly beating a dead horse on a couple of lists about some
weird artifacts that I'm getting when doing reprojections in Mapserver from
epsg:4326 to epsg:900913.  It's recently come to my attention that something
was discussed in an IRC chat that might be pertinent to this issue, and I
was hoping I could test it.  Specifically, it relates to SOURCE_EXTRA, and
although the conversation at the time dealt with issues at the International
dateline, I think it might also manifest itself in other edge cases (literal
edges). ;).

I would like to know if it is possible to set SOURCE_EXTRA to something
other than 1 at compile time?  I do not see it listed as an option in the
configure documentation, but perhaps I could edit a file, or pass in the
flag anyhow?

Thanks in advance,

Roger