[gdal-dev] GDAL block cache question

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Thu Oct 9 02:42:39 EDT 2008

Il giorno Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:23:16 -0400
"Luke Roth" <roth.luke at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Antonio,
>
> A lot of questions, let's see ... yes, it's a c++ application, using

:) I'm very curious because I started a similar project

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gsdview/
http://gsdview.sourceforge.net/

but unfortunately it is stopped now :(

> wxWidgets for the GUI.  While I'm developing in Windows, the only
> dependencies so far are wxWidgets and GDAL, so it should cross-compile
> on Linux pretty easily.  As for the target imagery, I'm looking at
> pretty large aerial and satellite images (DOQQs, MODIS tiles), which

... so mainly optical sensors

> is why I'm not simply loading the whole image into memory.  Vector

this the main reason I started my project

> data viewing will also be supported, but it's not intended to be a
> full-fledged GIS package.  It's unlikely that I'll be able to open
> source the entire application, but I am thinking of releasing some of
> the lower-level components.  I know there are already a lot of

OK I'm not an expert of wxWidgets but if you think I can help you
testing your components on Linux x86_64

--
Antonio Valentino