[gdal-dev] SWIG: GetHistogram(), etc

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Sep 6 14:42:07 EDT 2008

Folks,

I have done a bunch of work on http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2477
to get GetHistogram() working in the python bindings.  That should now
be fixed.

I also added the GetDefaultHistogram() and SetHistogram() methods.  This
email is mostly a notice to all the SWIG maintainers that some attention
may be required for them on these new methods in Band.i.

GetDefaultHistogram() now works in Python, but I suspect other bindings
may need to do some stuff to get it working.

The SetDefaultHistogram() method is pretty simple, but requires passing
a variable sized array so some language bindings will likely need to
work on this.  Currently it is not implemented for Python - Howard -
perhaps you could take a look or hold my hand through it?

Note, all works is in trunk. I'm not inclined to backport this work.

I have also added a python test script (autotest/gcore/histogram.py)
where I'm accumulating testing of the histogram interface.