[gdal-dev] OGR dynamic query

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 11:15:12 EDT 2008

Frédéric Therrien wrote:
> Hey, thx for the answer, but maybe I wasn't clear enought. I'm using ogr
> with a map file for a mapserver (an later on a GIS). My question is, is
> it possible to pass a parameter from the gis/wms call to the ogr query,
> passing by openlayer-ms4w then the map file.
>
> Frank, you said I can use SetAttributeFilter, but how does it work ?
>
> Thx for your help

Frédéric,

Ah, sorry, I missed the MapServer aspect of your question.

That is really a question for the mapserver list, but first review
the documentation for mapserver on passing arbitrary parameters through
the cgi url and having it substituted in the map file.  I'm not exactly
sure where that appears in the docs, but I'd start with the cgi reference
on the mapserver web site.