[gdal-dev] Build OGR with Oracle support

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 22 04:39:44 EDT 2009

ok - the problem could now be solved by setting the library path in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle.conf and running ldconfig as root. Then all the
libraries could be found. Somehow the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable was
constantly ignored, although it was set and could be queried with echo
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It was interesting that LD_LIBRARY_PATH worked as root,
but not as a regular user, but the method with ldconfig worked for all
users.

Thank you for all of your help!

Andreas

On Sun, June 21, 2009 9:55 pm, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> yes, my setup has nothing to do with fgs-dev
>
> This other path maybe appeared from the original email I was answering,
> but on my machine all the oracle instant client libraries are stored
> under /usr/local/lib/instantclient_10_2/ and the header files under
> /usr/local/lib/instantclient_10_2/sdk/
>
> I will try again on Monday, maybe with also setting the PATH variable.
>
> I will report back tomorrow.
>
> Andreas
>
> Normand Savard wrote:
>> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>>
>>> The path above and the path below are different.

>>> Are you sure you configure against one version of Oracle stuff?
>>> From what I can see, you have two versions.
>>>
>> Mateusz,
>>
>> Maybe I misinterpreted Andreas' email but I think he's trying to
>> compile GDAL/OGR with OCI (Oracle Instantclient) outside of fgs-dev.
>> Can you confirm Andreas?
>>
>> Norm

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/