[gdal-dev] Help with coordinate transformations in OGR

Alexandre Gacon alexandre.gacon+gdal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 09:58:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the great tool you give us with the OGR library.

I actually meet some problems with a specific coordinate transformation : I
need to transform coordinates from the NTF Lambert II Etendu system
(EPSG:27572) to WGS84 (EPSG:4326).

When I 'simply' transform a shapefile with ogr2ogr in the WGS84 system, I
get shifted geometries, compared to trusted sources. After some inquiry, it
appears that an additionnal transformation is needed (a geocentric
translation).

Is there a way to handle this transformation with the OGR API ?

The EPSG registry contains a coordinate transformation (EPSG:15939) which
seems to handle my problem : is-there any mean to use it with OGR ?

Best Regards,

--
Alexandre Gacon
Sent from Paris, France