[gdal-dev] Thin Plate Spline

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue May 4 06:08:10 EDT 2010

Thanks Peter, good points. One further question: even if the
georeferenced map as a whole is distorted due to too few control points,
the control points *themselves* should always be projected to their
exact specified georeferenced location, right? At least that is wthat I
thought was the difference between rubber sheeting algorithms like thin
plate spline and polynomial rectifications, where some kind of error is
distributed between the control points.

Oh, and I would be very much interested to know more of your experiences
with the algorithms to be used for rectifying distorted historical maps.

Regards,

Jan