[gdal-dev] Re: FileGDB OGR driver test

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Apr 13 15:00:42 EDT 2011

Ragi,

     I tested the driver on just one FileGDB which included a date
field.  You stated,

Known issues with build / FileGDB driver
- (driver issue) blobs and date fields are not handled at all

Here is what I did and successfully got the data.  The date field was
made a double and populated with 0, however, since it says that date
fields are not handled, it is nice that the rest of the process still
worked on the other fields and the data was exported.

ogr2ogr ODF_Lincoln_Roads.shp West_Oregon_Roads.gdb
"ODF_Lincoln_Roads"
Warning 6: Field RDSRCDATE create as date field, though DateTime
requested.

Warning 6: Normalized/laundered field name: 'CONSTRUCTED' to
'CONSTRUCTE'
Warning 6: Normalized/laundered field name: 'Shape_Length' to
'Shape_Leng'
Warning 1: Row id: 4 col:10 has unhandled col type (11). Setting to
NULL.
ERROR 1: GDB Error: Failed to determine value for column CONST_DATE
long:-2147217395
ERROR 1: GDB Error: Failed to determine value for column CONST_DATE
long:-2147217395

Thanks for the work on this.

Eli

<BANLkTimiTsqYJfixFRyS05JKEibyA+tf3A at mail.gmail.com>, Ragi Burhum
<ragi at burhum.com> wrote:
> Perfect. Thank you Michael.
>
> - Ragi
>

>> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:45:25 -0400
>> From: "Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH" <michael.smith at usace.army.mil>
>> Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Re: FileGDB OGR driver test
>> To: Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org>,
>>        <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>>
>> I have a test v10 filegdb with points, lines, polygons (all with Z
and M
>> but
>> I think the measures aren't populated). There are also some non
geometry
>> tables and some relationship classes.
>>
>> Its available at
>>
>> http://12.189.158.78:8081/downloads/test_fgdb.gdb.zip
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> --
>> Michael Smith
>> Remote Sensing/GIS Center
>> US Army Corps of Engineers
>>

>> On 4/12/11 2:48 PM, "Even Rouault" <even.rouault at mines-paris.org>
wrote:

>> gdb's.
>> >
>> > No, the FileGDB API only reads v10 gdb's.

API. It