[gdal-dev] Hierarchical Data Format-EOS 2 conversion in Gdal

Adam Bausch abausch at nova.whrc.org
Mon Jan 10 13:19:24 EST 2011

Hi All,
I am attempting to process a large volume of MERIS mosaic data obtained
from ENVISAT in HDF-EOS2 format, however, I continue to get a "not a
supported format" error when I try to run it.  I have installed the
HDF-4 (libdf), HDF-5 (libhdf5) and NetCDF libraries and checked with our
Linux/Unix administrator to try and identify the problem with no
resolution.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if
there is a fix.
Best,
Adam