[gdal-dev] FileGDB API beta opens

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Jan 26 13:45:12 EST 2011

Hi All,

The File Geodatabase API - Beta is now open. [1] Accessing the api
download and fgdb-api forum requires an ESRI global account (free). The
licensing agreement is voluminous, almost 5 thousand words.[2] I've
scanned through it as best I could looking for show-stoppers. I don't
_think_ I saw any; more eyes should have a look to make sure. There are
phrases like "Licensee may not share or release Feedback or results of
Beta testing with any third party." which could be constricting.

[1] http://resources.arcgis.com/content/geodatabases/10.0/file-gdb-api
[2] http://resources.arcgis.com/node/agreement/3193

cheers,

--