[gdal-dev] Re: Is it possible for gdal_translate to perserve the external georeferencing information?

Nuo conan_tang at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 06:51:34 EDT 2011

Frank, I really appreciate your reply.

I thought it was but, actually, it is a ".aux.xml" file generated by ArcGIS
9.3.1 during the georeferencing process.

http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgiSDEsktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=About_auxiliary_files

So, it is impossible to preserve the georeference information- I have to
either:
rectify the image (save a new geotiff file) and gdal_translate to jp2; or

gdal_translate to jp2 and then re-georeference it.

Is that right? Thank you again.

Regards,
Nuo