[gdal-dev] Problems with building GDAL 1.9 on Windows with MS VC 2008 and OSGeo4W

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Sep 24 10:30:29 EDT 2011

Le samedi 24 septembre 2011 15:43:57, Alexander Bruy a écrit :
> Thanks, renaming cpl_config.h.vc to cpl_config.h solves the problem.
> Now GDAL compiles.
>
> Unfortunatelly, I can't build Python bindigns because Python in OSGeo4W
> was built with VS 2003 and seems there are no downloads for this VC
> version. Bad...

http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/swig/python/fallback_build.bat could
perhaps be usefull. Credit must be given to Frank, because I just read that
suggestion in the following thread :

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeo4w-dev/2011-September/001430.html

Or you could use a more modern version of python, that would like VC 2008,
instead of the one bundled with OSGeo4W.

Otherwise you might consider using http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/ that has
binary builds with a lot of dependencies and that support various python
versions (>=2.6), and also the -sdk to redo/customize the build yourself if
needed.