[gdal-dev] gdalsrsinfo "ERROR - failed to load SRS definition"

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Jul 30 08:28:23 PDT 2012

Selon Piero Campalani <piero.campa at gmail.com>:

> Thanks Even,
> I suspected this, GML is still not that widely used for CRS definition
> seemingly.
>
> Unluckily I have strong reasons to use GML, so do you know if there are is
> some developing in progress to support a wider range of projections from/to
> the XML representation?

Not that I'm aware of. The last significant work in that area of OSR dates back
to more than 6 years ago.

>From what I see from the code, adding new projections should be doable, but as
this is rather a boring task, it would help if you could identify the
projections methods that are the most common. Are you trying to be interoperable
with another software, or is it just GDAL/GDAL interoperability ? Having
GDAL/GDAL interoperability is easy, but making sure it works properly with other
software is less obvious.