[gdal-dev] MinGW build

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Oct 5 08:57:03 PDT 2012

Selon Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at gmail.com>:

> Folks
>
> I'm building GDAL (the trunk) in latest MinGW. For some reason I don't
> understand I need to add -lstdc++ to LDFLAGS in GDALmake.opt. I'm not
> sure if this is the best way to fix the problem - probably not - but it
> works. The problem is the step where the library file libgdal.dll.a is made.
>
> Anybody have any ideas why this is like this?

And is it specific to trunk (meaning does it work with 1.9 without adding
-lstdc++) ? It's interesting since someone reported a few days/weeks ago a
similar problem with CentOS I believe. I haven't in mind a change that would
have directly targetted changing libstdc++ linking, but it is probably a
side-effect of something else. Might depend on which external libs are linked
too : perhaps some indirectly bring libstdc++ dependency, and when they are not
linked in, it isn't found