[gdal-dev] FileGDB Driver coordinate system support

Hailey Eckstrand haileyeckstrand at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:09:26 PDT 2013

Hello,
I am trying to import a feature class from a file geodatabase (version 10
or greater) into PostGIS. After installing the FileGDB driver, I was able
to successfully import a feature class which was in the EPSG 4326 spatial
reference system.
ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL PG:dbname=fgdb_test dir4326/test4326.gdb

However, I created another file geodatabase and reprojected the feature
class to the BC Albers projection (EPSG: 3005) and then attempted to import
the new fgdb again and it failed with no error. My attempts:
ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL PG:dbname=fgdb_test dir3005/test3005.gdb
ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL -s_srs EPSG:3005 PG:dbname=fgdb_test
dir3005/test3005.gdb
ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL -t_srs EPSG:3005 PG:dbname=fgdb_test
dir3005/test3005.gdb

All failed with no errors. I am not trying to transform while importing.. I
would just like to import a feature class in a projected coordinate system.

I am testing using Ubuntu 12.04
GDAL 1.9.2
FileGDB_API_1_3-64

Also, here is the output from ogrinfo:
$ogrinfo dir4326/test4326.gdb/
INFO: Open of `dir4326/test4326.gdb/'
      using driver `FileGDB' successful.
1: upcheak_landapp4326 (3D Multi Polygon)

$ogrinfo -al dir3005/test3005.gdb/
INFO: Open of `dir3005/test3005.gdb/'
      using driver `FileGDB' successful.

Thank you,
Hailey

Links to the 2 zip files of my 2 test geodatabases:
http://filebin.ca/qjmBMOaH0cR/dir4326.zip
http://filebin.ca/qjmPiqEAsJ6/dir3005.zip