[gdal-dev] ESRI binary grid (.hdr)

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Feb 27 05:42:19 PST 2013

Hi

And thanks for the reply.

Just now I discovered, that the header (.hdr-file) which I got together with
the .bil files was the problem.
Firstly the heder was in the ESRI type of order (see:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2011-November/030939.html) and
secondly it did not match the data properly, which is why I am actually
happy about the error-messages / strictness of GDAL (compared to ArcGIS).
Otherwise I would have encountered problems later in the processing (esp.
wrong values and extent) which would be much worse.

Thanks again!

Cheers
Stefan