[gdal-dev] WFS paging - STARTINDEX should start at 0 not 1

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Wed Jan 2 22:59:40 PST 2013

ok thanks Even.

----- Original Message -----
From: Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org>
To: "gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org" <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
Cc: Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer at linz.govt.nz>, Robert Coup <robert.coup at koordinates.com>, Hamish Campbell <hamish.campbell at koordinates.com>
Sent: 03/01/2013 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] WFS paging - STARTINDEX should start at 0 not 1

Le jeudi 03 janvier 2013 04:23:36, Jeremy Palmer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> When using OGR WFS driver and paging support the first feature is missed
> when I query a Geoserver 2.1.X WFS 1.1.0 service. This is because OGR
> assumes the WFS STARTINDEX parameter is 1-based.
>
> However it now seems that the OGC standard of STARTINDEX has been clarified
> zero-based. This was chosen because of the ISO committee members heritage
> as C programmers! Found the comment here:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-4920
>
> Can OGR please be changed to support a zero-based STARTINDEX?
>
> Note: This is a follow-up to this thread:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2012-January/011867.html

I see I had created http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4504 . Ping me if it
isn't resolved before 1.10 release. The issue is that MapServer and Deegree in
the wild both assume 1 as the first index (MapServer still does :
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4180 , not sure for Deegree). So
some config option will be likely necessary for people that want to operate
against those versions based before OGC clarification.

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.