[gdal-dev] hillshading to vector

Roger Veciana i Rovira rveciana at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 11:36:30 PDT 2013

Hi, I was just working on that.
I think that you need a script like gdal_contour, but creatig polygons
instead of lines. The algorithm used is Marching Squares.
You can see the code, without explanation, here:
https://github.com/rveciana/geoexamples/tree/master/python/raster_isobands
In some weeks I'll add some more info in a README file and transform the
file into a working script, not just a function. But you can use it just
changing the file name and the intervals.

Roger